The Blood Donors Association was created in 1998 and duly registered with the Registrar of Associations on 22nd March 1999. It was officially launched on 10th November 1999 with 15 members at that time, the association has expanded to a fraternity of over thousands blood donors, organizers, motivators, associates, corporate health care partners and sponsors and members from all walks of life. Their shared mission: to bridge the woeful gap between the supply and demand of the life-saving fluid (blood) in Mauritius.
At BDA, we believe that the most effective way is to bring the bank to the donors, rather than wait for them to come forward on their own. The mobile blood collectionistherefore the focal point of our activities. Apart from organizing our own mobile blood collection, we extend our services to some organizers which includes:
• Sending speakers to seminars prior to mobile blood collection
• Advising on publicity and motivational programs
• Organizing mobile blood collection
• Delivering stickers and incentives to donors
• Honoring donors and blood donation organizers
• Providing any other support required